- a half-day nursery program for children 2-1/2 to 6 years of age
- a half-day Kindergarten program certified by the Manitoba Education
Benefits of a Multi-year, Multi-age Program
Our program is designed to benefit all children, whether they are enrolled for only one year or for longer.
- regardless of the age of the child, our nursery program is tailored to meet his or her individual needs
- children who attend for more than one year have time to develop ways of learning that will benefit their future education; as well, our program can accommodate their changing developmental needs as they progress in age and capabilities
- in their first years with our school, children learn the concentration, coordination, and learning habits that will help them later as they move on to more complex tasks
- because children of all ages work together in our programs, they develop strong social skills and mutual respect; younger children look to older students for guidance, and older children model good learning attitudes and group behaviour for their younger peers
The Montessori Kindergarten Year
- in this year, children apply the learning skills they have acquired as nursery students to more academic topics. Their self-motivation and independence as learners are especially important in the acquisition of language and mathematics
- Kindergarten children gain a sense of accomplishment in having attained the highest level in the school. They enjoy an important leadership year, which gives them confidence and a sense of responsibility.
- our Kindergarten program follows the curriculum set out by Manitoba Education and enriches it with Montessori materials and approaches
The nursery program is a half-day program, and families can choose one of the following options:
- five mornings a week (9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- five afternoons a week (1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- three afternoons or mornings a week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays)
The Kindergarten program is a half-day program; many parents also enrol Kindergarten students for a half-day of nursery school
Before and After Care/Lunch Program
- additional care is available before the start of the morning session and after the conclusion of the afternoon session for families who are unable to drop off or pick up their children at the regular start and finish times
- a lunch program (11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.) is available for children registered for full days
Please see the Fees section for information on the cost of these programs.